Seems like this post is actually a week later. From September 20 before 26 during 2009 it absolutely was National Singles Week. In 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio started this observance which falls on third complete week of Sep. It actually was started to
… acknowledge that many unmarried Us americans never identify using the word „single” because they are moms and dads, have partners or tend to be widowed.
Below are a few present fascinating insights and statistics on singles in the us:
- these day there are 95.9 million single folks in the U.S. who are 18 many years or older. This will make upwards 43% of all adults. (from 2008)
- 53 per cent of those singles tend to be females
- 61 % of the singles never have been married before. 24 per cent are separated and a further 15 per cent were widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account for 15.8 million of sex finder sites singles which 16 percent having never been married.
- 11.6 million of xxx singles tend to be moms and dads coping with kids, 9.8 million tend to be women.
For full fact sheet throughout the Unmarried and solitary People in the us Week, go to the U.S. Census Bureau.